GEA Golf Forum > Fuji Motore F1

Full Version: Fuji Motore F1

7 Apr 2012
To: NRJyzr [#1] 7 Apr 2012

Ed,

I have seen several responses regarding the Motore F3 shaft, but none relating directly to the F1. FWIW, based on my experience with both of these shafts, the F1 has a stiffer tip than the F3 (at least slightly stiffer), and is a lower spin-generating shaft. In the 73 gram range, which is about what the Motore F1 70-Series will weigh (maybe a few grams more in an X-flex), that shaft was one of the lowest-launching and lowest-spin shafts that I have played in the last 10 to 15 years. The closest to it in terms of low spin and low launch, in my experience, were the AccuFlex Evolution (the original orangish-gold model) and the Fuji 757 Speeder.

I have tried, owned and/or continue to own pretty-much all of the shafts that Jeff (statechamp) lists in his response to you, and I concur with him that all of them are somewhat similar, or at least all will get close to giving you what you are seeking in terms of lower launch and lower spin. The bargain among those shafts is the AXE XCaliber .... I happen to prefer the black XCaliber Tour or the silver/red XCaliber 6+ in a driver, and the black XCaliber Tour FW in my fairway woods, if I am going the XCaliber route.

One other shaft that fits what you are looking for is the Aldila RIP Alpha (red eyes) This has been my shaft of choice in driver and all fairway woods/hybrids since it was introduced. Just don't go with any of the other RIP models .... the Alpha with the red glowing eyes in the skull on the logo is the one you would want. I use the RIP Alpha 60 Series in my driver and the 70 Series in my fairways + the Alpha hybrid (85 grams) in my hybrids.

7 Apr 2012
To: Doug Mael (DOUGMAEL) [#17] 7 Apr 2012

Doug,

It may just be me but the Aldila 60 stiff feels like a board. That's even comparing it to other X flex shafts. I couldn't get past the feel but I know lots of people like it. Do you play it in the same flex that you do other shafts? I bought the KE4 ST1 club pak from Golfworks with the Aldila RIP 60 stiff. I will probably sell the RIP on Golfwrx forum.

I hope you're doing well.

Jeff

7 Apr 2012
To: statechamp (COLE250) [#18] 7 Apr 2012

Jeff,

I am normally between R and S flex in almost any shaft that I play, so sometimes I play an R and sometimes an S. In the RIP Alpha, I play a tipped R-flex (tipped 1/2" in my driver, and the Alpha 70 tipped 1" in my 3-wood, which is built to 4-wood playing length, or a bit shorter). I have actually played the Alpha 70 tipped 1-1/2" in my fairway woods -- 3 and 4-woods -- even though Aldila calls for 1" tip-trim for all fairway woods.

I have never thought that the RIP Alpha comes anywhere close to feeling "boardy", so I guess that it is really a matter of personal preference. To me, the shaft among all of the ones that I mentioned in my earlier post that feels "boardy" is the old Fuji 757 Speeder.

What do you think of those AXE XCaliber Tour shafts? I like them a lot, and I actually think that those shafts feel and perform very similar to the Aldila RIP Alpha.

Doing pretty darned well here .... how about you?

EDITED: 7 Apr 2012 by DOUGMAEL

7 Apr 2012
To: Doug Mael (DOUGMAEL) [#17] 7 Apr 2012

Doug!

Thanks for chiming in.

A MN GEAer had/has a 510TP with the 757 in X, I've had a few chances to hit it over the years, so that gives me some perspective.

Had a chance to hit the Matrix Black Tie shafts? The 7m3 I got chance to demo was pretty obnoxious, in a good way. I love those shafts that hold up at the bottom of the swing like it does.

7 Apr 2012
To: NRJyzr [#20] 7 Apr 2012

Ed,

I have not had the opportunity to hit the Matrix Black Tie shafts .... yet! I am a UST Mamiya Dealer and a UST TOURSPX Dealer, plus an Aerotech/SteelFiber Dealer, so I get much more opportunity to hit all of the shafts offered by those manufacturers. I happened to have done some pre-production testing for Aldila over the years, and put some of their prototype shafts in the hands of my customers (I still have one of the Aldila Protopype shafts that they sent me to test ... talk about a "pipe"!), which is how I first got my hands on both the original VooDoo and the RIP Alpha shafts in the first place. My experience with the Fuji Motore series shafts (F1 and F3 models) was just a matter of coincidence. As for the AXE XCaliber shafts, I do a LOT of business with R. Maltby's GolfWorks, and they always seem to be offering great deals on those shafts by Robin Arthur .... plus, Robin is a really great guy, so I enjoy trying his shafts, and giving feedback on them.

It just happens that the RIP Alpha and AXE XCaliber 6+ and Tour shafts work really well for my swing. Even though I turned 63 last month, I am still between 96 - 100 MPH with driver and 3-wood, with a quick tempo, and lots of loading of the shaft on my downswing, plus I have a very late release. All of this adds-up to high launch and lots of backspin, unless I use shafts like those mentioned above. It also just so happens that the Motore F1 fits right into that same category of shafts that seem to work best for me. I bet that it would work well for you, too ... as would the other shafts the Jeff and I have mentioned in this thread.

How are things out in MN? Hopefully, Braden P. (Teampowers) will put together another Cinci outing, and I will get a chance to re-connect with you. It's been too long!

7 Apr 2012
To: Doug Mael (DOUGMAEL) [#21] 8 Apr 2012

Speaking of the Protopype, there's a Bridgestone J33R with that shaft at one of the 2nd Swing shops here in the Twin Cities. I should make an effort to hit it, see if they'll put me on their launch monitor like they did with the irons. I have a J33R, but it's 10.5°. It's not bad, but I have to work a bit too much at keeping it down sometimes.

And there's GEA disease, always have to try something else. :)

I have a Nike Sumo2 Tour, similar to what Braden had when we were last in Ohio. It was a stiff 65 V2, which had to go, if I can track down the head (not sure where it was stashed while we remodeled lower level), maybe I should toss an F1 Motore in that. I remember hitting Braden's pretty well with a halfassed swing...

Yeah, would be good to have another Ohio deal. Been a while...

7 Apr 2012
To: Doug Mael (DOUGMAEL) [#19] 8 Apr 2012

I think the AXE Tour is really good. To me it feels a little bit smoother than the RIP.

I could be doing better. Just got back from the hospital. My mother in law had a stroke. She seems to be doing ok but she has some bleeding on the left side of her brain.

Jeff

8 Apr 2012
To: statechamp (COLE250) [#23] 8 Apr 2012

Jeff,

Prayers for your mother in law this Easter Sunday!

8 Apr 2012
To: Doug Mael (DOUGMAEL) [#24] 8 Apr 2012

Hey Doug.I live in doylestown.I am 63,a very good player.I have a 2.0 superfast that Izett golf cut down to 45.5 ozik 4.8 r and pured.Cannot find the sweetspot ,nor is it any longer than my r510 tp with speeder.Looking to reshaft.have loved the old graphite design ys 6 r.Suggestions and help.Thanks.Don

8 Apr 2012
To: dg (DG18) [#25] 8 Apr 2012

Don,

I'll shoot you a detailed message when I get back from visiting family this evening.

Doug

8 Apr 2012
To: dg (DG18) [#25] 9 Apr 2012

Don,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner -- we were in the York and Harrisburg areas with my wife's family until after dinnertime on this fine Easter Sunday.

I have some ideas, and some shafts that you can try. If you are looking for something that plays similar to the older GD YS-6, you may want to consider one of the new UST Mamiya VTS (variable torque system) shafts in the 55 or 65 gram weight categories. The VTS Silver or maybe the VTS Black would possibly work for you in an R-flex. The other idea that I had -- at least within the UST Mamiya shaft family -- is the ATTAS shafts, particularly the ATTAS Elements DK model. However, these shafts can be rather costly, compared with the VTS models. I have these shafts already installed in TaylorMade adapter sleeves for use in R11, R11s and RBZ heads .... and I have a pair of driver heads that I can install these shafts in for a demo/testing session by you (one is a 2011 R11 TP head and the other is a 2012 Rocketballz - RBZ - Tour head).

Although I am a UST Mamiya dealer and a UST TOURSPX Dealer, I also carry and work with several other shaft lines, and have several demo heads with shafts from a variety of manufacturers installed in them.

Feel free to send me a PM or shoot me an email at d.mael@verizon.net and I will be happy to arrange a time to get together with you and put these shafts to the true test -- an in-person hitting session. I do a lot of clubfitting work at Makefield Highlands, but I will be pleased to meet you elsewhere, if you have a favorite practice facility.

Doug Mael
Doug's Custom Clubs

Show messages:  1-16  17-27

Reply to All

Back to thread list | Login

© 2014 Project Beehive Forum