GEA Golf Forum > They all should play like DJ

Full Version: They all should play like DJ

16 Jun 14:00
To: 2scratch [#6] 16 Jun 14:14

quote: 2scratch
And for years he was abused on this site for apparently having no brains. Where are those smart guys now?

I also liked the Gretzky interview!

18 Jun 1:05
To: NNY Lefty [#1] 18 Jun 20:27

However, I thought he was taking too long to putt. A minute 30 secs one time & a minute 50 secs on another. The announcer even suggested he was taking an unusual long time to putt & made the comment that it may have affected/hurt his putting. I thought so too.

18 Jun 6:39
To: Drewser [#5] 18 Jun 8:01

While I agree in principle, his response after missing a putt that all but eliminated him was - caught on mic - 'Are you f****** kidding me?'

Fox finally ATTEMPTED to do what I (and possibly others) have recommended for some time: mute the mics after impact to prevent the screaming from being broadcast and thus providing an incentive for moronic imitators.

Unfortunately, they muted the mics after putts were hit/missed but rarely muted the mics for tee shots which is where the majority of the idiocy occurs. In other words, what needed to be muted wasn't and what didn't need to be muted was.

And unfortunately, the muting was noticeable and jarring. Rather than 'potting it down' they simply pressed a button.

Said it before and I'll repeat: golf tournaments, especially majors, have an army of police, security, marshals, etc. accompanying each group. It beggars belief that they cannot or will not deal with fools screaming their heads off especially when the culprits are standing 10 ft away. Being silent for 5 seconds while a swing occurs is not a license to go insane the rest of the time and shouting at the players as they walk, set up and watch their shot can be equally distracting.

Ejecting just one of these fools would put the frighteners on the rest of the crowd as well.

18 Jun 7:36
To: 2scratch [#6] 18 Jun 9:47

Being laid back doesn't make him a genius; it just makes him laid back.

And I don't think anyone was being critical of his golf when talking about him being not being very bright. I think it was more just an observation of his style of play. The guy clearly has some golf smarts. He usually misses on the right sides and lays up when he needs to. He certainly has a formula that works.

18 Jun 8:14
To: thetwin [#9] 19 Jun 6:44

Fox.. and all other networks..

I noticed there was less “In The Hole” and “Mashed Potatoes” and “BaBa Booey,” so I wonder if Fox moved mikes around to fans identified as having more diversity in their cheers or were offering support

18 Jun 8:19
To: Drewser [#11] 18 Jun 8:39

"...less “In The Hole” and “Mashed Potatoes” and “BaBa Booey,”...

Well I heard a lot of that, and to me the funniest one was a female voice "Baba Booey". It just sounded really funny.

I heard "Rolex" and a few other new ones I forget, but some fan was following Reed's group and on each hole would shout "Get the second one" or something to that effect, referring to winning two majors.

Or the occasional "USA, USA ..." chants.

Overall most of the shouting caught on mic paints a picture of idiot fans in the galleries.

18 Jun 8:26
To: HTG (HOUTEXGOLFER) [#12] 18 Jun 8:48

quote: HTG (HOUTEXGOLFER)
...but some fan was following Reed's group and on each hole would shout "Get the second one" or something to that effect, referring to winning two majors

I’d like to think you’re right, but somehow I doubt the reference is to golf majors.

18 Jun 19:39
To: HTG (HOUTEXGOLFER) [#12] 18 Jun 19:48

I got a chuckle after a Patrick Reed tee shot of " nice drive chubby"

21 Jun 18:07
To: ALL

Seems Dustin was using his caddie to read his line-of-putt using AimPoint & had quite a number of putts of about 6-8’ and his caddie would move halfway between the hole and the ball which was about 3’ & straddle the line-of-putt...sometimes straddling the line a couple of times before Johnson would putt. Of course, with Dustin's longer putts, the caddie would straddle half way on those as well. I just question the straddling close to the hole within 3’ with the 6-8' putts & the time it took...TV announcer even mentioned it was taking an unusually long time. With all the Tour players walking close to the hole for their tap-in putt and now with the caddie walking within 3’ of the hole, just adds more footprints close to the hole for the players to contend/deal with. I know with the AE, either the caddie or the player has to straddle the line...just seems to make extra footprints & undulations around the hole. I do know, both the caddie & player that straddle the line using the AE is very careful not to step on another golfers line that is in the same group. If the entire 4some uses AE & has 6-8 foot putts & all 4 caddies are straddling their players lines, seems like a lot of unnecessary walking around every hole.

22 Jun 11:27
To: OnePuttLarry [#15] 22 Jun 11:50

Everyone's looking for an edge from the 20 hdcp to the world #1 player.

But I must say I didn't notice DJ having all that much trouble putting before (Chambers Bay notwithstanding). He's such an instinctive player with the other clubs in the bag that he looks almost lost and a bit desperate doing a Bryson DeChambeau-type ordnance survey on each green.

To add insult to injury, this much-hyped method seemed to fail him badly at the worst time ie the later rounds of the US Open after leading the tournament.

22 Jun 11:34
To: OnePuttLarry [#15] 22 Jun 11:50

Send DJ a copy of your pamphlet.

22 Jun 13:40
To: 虎モリナリ (BUCKET_LIST) [#17] 22 Jun 13:41

quote: 糞ホール (BUCKET_LIST)
"quote">Send DJ a copy of your p

Thanks, I like your idea!

Had to share this terrific testimonial...
Larry, the putting material came today, thanks again. I must have had the anticipation on my mind at noon today, at the local course putting green I sank a 50-foot putt, right in the middle of the hole. I hit another immediately, it also went into the middle of the hole. I've never made 2-in-a-row from such a distance.
I haven't taken the time to study everything in sufficient detail, but skimming over it all you present some good things. However you probably should not have personalized the book, now I have an additional problem. I have to resist the urge, every day, to list it on Ebay and sell it for $1,000.
Cheers, until later ... M

24 Jun 11:20
To: 虎モリナリ (BUCKET_LIST) [#17] 24 Jun 12:05

Thanks, I like your idea!

Had to share this terrific testimonial...
Larry, the putting material came today, thanks again. I must have had the anticipation on my mind at noon today, at the local course putting green I sank a 50-foot putt, right in the middle of the hole. I hit another immediately, it also went into the middle of the hole. I've never made 2-in-a-row from such a distance.
I haven't taken the time to study everything in sufficient detail, but skimming over it all you present some good things. However you probably should not have personalized the book, now I have an additional problem. I have to resist the urge, every day, to list it on Ebay and sell it for $1,000.
Cheers, until later ... M

BucketList, funny about the testimonial above & the buyer wanting to sell my book for $1,000 because I was on Ebay one time and found my book being offered for $35.00! :-)

Show messages: All  1-6  7-19

Reply to All

Back to thread list | Login

© 2018