GEA Golf Forum > Do we need an RIP folder?

Full Version: Do we need an RIP folder?

21 Apr 11:08
To: ALL

RIP RIP threads, I say.
:)

21 Apr 12:41

I think that an RIP folder would be appropriate and an improvement. As it is now, we get RIP threads in almost every folder on GEA. Some are for golfers, but many are for movie stars, sports stars, musicians, authors, and even some politicians (although not many people are sad to see politicians leave us ;) ).

By having a RIP folder, it would be like an Obituaries section of the news paper. If you don't want to read the obits, then don't go into the RIP folder. OTOH, if you DO want to keep up with who has passed on, you could find it in one place rather than having to sift through a dozen folders looking for RIP notices among the "Which TV to Buy" or "Kirkland Golf Balls On Sale" topics.

Charlie-------------------------------------------------------------------

22 Apr 5:17

Or alternaltely, you could ignore the thread you don't want to read with RIP in the title. We actually can do that here and make them disappear.

22 Apr 7:43
To: halnorth [#3] 22 Apr 8:33

Too much work. Plus sometimes they just pop up as the thread of the moment when I log on. RIP threads were useful at one point, now they are just senseless clutter. Some character actor from the 60's dies, we get an RIP thread. Some 2nd baseman dies, RIP thread. Please, we all have news sources, we don't need these.

I am being a little bit light hearted, but it's still all true. The more clutter a forum has, the less useful it becomes. GEA is trending the wrong way for sure.

Now get off my lawn!

22 Apr 8:20
To: Problem Golfer (DON M) [#4] 22 Apr 13:53

This whole forum is pretty much senseless clutter, though, isn't it? I actually appreciate the RIP threads because they allow me to keep up with with who is kicking off. I am allergic to electronic or printed news. Usually don't actually click on the RIP threads. Just seeing the name in the title is all I need. Basically we all wish RIP for most folks unless they were scumbags, so what else do you want?

22 Apr 8:27

Put them in the health and fitness folder.

22 Apr 11:53
To: Whatever (PROOF OF 80) [#5] 22 Apr 12:29

quote:
This whole forum is pretty much senseless clutter

We have a new GEA Slogan!

22 Apr 12:17
To: Problem Golfer (DON M) [#1] 22 Apr 13:53

yes we do

22 Apr 13:55
To: This forum is senseless clutter (PINGJEFF) [#7] 23 Apr 6:52

quote: This forum is senseless clutter (PINGJEFF)
quote: This whole forum is pretty much senseless clutter

We have a new GEA Slogan!

Yeah, I know. It's not a big deal, just something that I wanted to whine about.

We need more golf talk!

Reply to All

Back to thread list | Login

© 2018 Project Beehive Forum